Helipaddy operates as a database of reported helicopter landing sites, sourced from the internet, pilot and site owner submissions, and takes no responsibility for the accuracy of such information. Owners of landing sites are strongly recommended to read our compliance guide.
The presence of a site in the database is by no means a guarantee of the ability to land any aircraft there. It is solely the responsibility of the pilot to verify any critical landing information, coordinate PPR with the site and conduct any relevant risk assessment of any site before attempting a landing.
Helipaddy is registered as a limited company in the UK as “Helipaddy Limited” and refer to ourselves in the first person throughout this policy.
Registration number: 08866916
Registered office: 19 Addison Avenue, London, United Kingdom, W11 4QR.
By accessing, downloading, or using Helipaddy, you are agreeing to:
– These Terms stating the definition of your intellectual property ownership rights in the content you contribute, your responsibilities when using Helipaddy, third-party content or when using Helipaddy in the context of flying.
Collectively, we refer to the sections of the Terms as the “Agreement”. The Agreement is a binding contract between you and Helipaddy regarding your use of Helipaddy.
When using Helipaddy, you may not (or allow those acting on your behalf to):
– redistribute or sell any part of Helipaddy or create a new product or service based on Helipaddy (unless you use the Helipaddy APIs in accordance with their terms of service);
– copy the content (unless you are otherwise permitted to do so by the Helipaddy Support team or applicable intellectual property law);
– mass download or create bulk feeds of the Content (or enable any other party to do so);
– use Helipaddy to create or augment any other mapping-related dataset (including a mapping or navigation dataset, business listings database, mailing list, or telemarketing list) for use in a service that is a substitute for, or a substantially similar service to, Helipaddy;
– use any part of Helipaddy with third party products or services for or in connection with real-time navigation or autonomous vehicle control, except through a specific Helipaddy-provided feature;
– reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code from Helipaddy, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
– remove, obscure, or alter any Helipaddy terms of service or any links to or notices of those terms, or any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices;
– do anything inappropriate, illegal, or in violation of others’ rights (including their privacy, publicity, and intellectual property rights);
– hold Helipaddy responsible for providing safety at landing sites.
Your Content in Helipaddy
The content you upload, submit, store, send, or receive through Helipaddy is subject to Helipaddy’s Terms.
Assumption of Risk
When you use Helipaddy’s map data, site descriptions, weather, and other content, you may find that actual conditions differ from the map results and content. Use of Helipaddy is entirely at the user’s own risk – you are solely responsible for your conduct and its consequences.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Site owners have the ability to publish landing sites to the database (or claim and manage existing sites), which are shared with the community.
None of the locations in Helipaddy are owned, managed or provided by Helipaddy. They may be displayed to any Helipaddy user or, at the owner’s discretion, publicly on the web. “Moderation” in the context of Helipaddy refers to the process of enabling/disabling your site’s visibility and does not imply any risk assessment has been performed. In most legal jurisdictions, it is NOT possible to delegate your duty of care as a site owner.
Helipaddy reserve the right to edit the general site and contact information and withhold distribution to users. As a site owner providing “site operator’s information”, you will have a duty of care when providing landing facilities and you must take the appropriate responsibility for the operational information provided.
Helipaddy may be able to assist with surveys, risk assessments and risk management on request but otherwise do not and can not provide any advice on suitability as a landing site. The presence of a site in Helipaddy does not mean it is possible to land there.
Helipaddy encourages considerate flying, so please adjust approach information accordingly.
This policy is made for, and applies to, anyone who uses the Helipaddy app and/or website, and thus usage of any Helipaddy service is governed by this policy. This is because by accessing or browsing helipaddy.com (our “Website”) or using any of the services we provide to our customers (including our iOS and Android app) (our “App”), then you confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to this. Alternatively, feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
The personal information we collect
When you use our website, our app or any of our services, we may collect some or all of the following information from you, some of which is personal information:
– Full name
– Email address
– Phone number
– Account login details (including username and password)
– Account purchase and subscription information
– Any information you provide about your home address and where your helicopter is based
– Your location if permited? whilst using our service
– Data about your use of our service
– User profile information, such as subscriptions to newsletters, landing sites added, PPR requests and other similar information which we collect as part of our contract with you.
We collect some information when we request it from you, and some information automatically when you interact with our service. In all cases, we use this information to tailor our service to you.
How do we use it?
We only ever use your information in accordance with GDPR. These are the general legal bases for which we use your information:
– Consent – you have given clear consent to us to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
– Our contract – processing your personal information is necessary for a contract you have with us, or because we have asked you to take specific steps before entering into that contract.
– Legitimate interests – processing your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests.
We collect your basic account information (name and email address) so that we can register you as a user of Helipaddy, verify you as a legitimate user, and ensure that we can properly communicate with you and provide our service to you. When signing up with us, you also set up a username which we use to identify you and refer to you as in our communications. You can either use that username, or your email address you used to register with us (both of which we securely store) to login to the Website or App.
We collect your home address and the location of your helicopter so that we can keep you fully updated on relevant and new landing sites that form part of our service and that get added regularly. We also track users’ locations whilst using the app, and in particular, the landing sites they use to create a log book of all the sites they have used, and provide special in-app functionality for those users.
We track how you use our app, for example where you add a landing site. This information is used to monitor and improve our service and reward users for contributions. We also record all PPR requests so that we can provide a great customer service and know what we can do to improve our users’ experiences.
We record financial transaction data to keep a record of all our active and inactive subscriptions.
We collect the above information so that we have the information we need to help you navigate the world of helicopter landing sites and provide you with the services you request from us.
Sharing your information
Your privacy is very important to us. We do not share information about you with any third parties without your permission, except for the following exceptional circumstances:
– if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the seller or buyer of that business or those assets;
– if Helipaddy or most of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by Helipaddy will be one of the transferred assets;
– if we are required by any applicable law or law enforcement organisation to do so;
– in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or any other agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity; or
– to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helipaddy, our customers or other persons. This may include exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except for what is written in this policy, we will never share any of your personal information to any third party without notifying you and/or getting your consent. If you do consent and later change your mind, you can withdraw consent and therefore our permission to use this information. See below for your rights to withdraw consent.
How long we store your data for
We store personal information for as long as you use the services we provide, and then as required to comply with applicable laws. In particular, we store data relating to any financial transaction with us indefinitely for our company records.
Your choices and rights
You can choose not to provide us with personal data. If you choose to do this, you can continue to use our Website or Apps, but certain services may be limited, even if you have already paid for them.
Consent for using your personal information for marketing purposes is not mandatory. If you have given your consent and want to retract it later, then you can either unsubscribe to the communications or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, to request that we:
– update any personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
– delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
– restrict the way that we process your personal information;
– provide your personal information to a third party provider of services; or
– provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you on request to email@example.com (although we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for this if requests are excessive or repetitive).
Transfers of information
We use third-party data processors, some of which may use data processing facilities outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Based on a decision of the European Commission on the adequacy of the relevant non-EEA countries for the purpose of storing personal data, they will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, a copy of which can be found on the Third Party Data Processors’ respective websites. For your security, whether in or out of the EEA, we only use third party data processors who confirm to us that their processes are compliant with all applicable data protection laws. The third party data processors that we currently use are:
– Application hosting: Digital Ocean
– Communications: Amazon Web Services
– Payments: PayPal
Security of your personal information
Helipaddy is committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorised access and destruction and we take all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information.
We make every effort to protect your personal information. However, there is always an inherent risk, beyond our control, in sending information over the internet. If we do ever encounter any online data breaches, we commit to taking prompt action to resolve the situation to protect your information, as well as notifying you of such events where this is deemed necessary.
Third party websites
Our Website or App may contain links to websites operated by third parties. This Agreement only applies to the personal information that we collect through Helipaddy services, and cannot extend to personal information collected and stored by third parties. Third party websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies, and you should read these carefully before you submit any personal information to these websites. We don’t endorse or accept any responsibility for the content of those third party websites or third party terms and conditions or policies.
– Session cookies
– Security (CSRF token)
– Location cookies to autocomplete the user location on registration.
You can choose not to accept cookies when using our Website, and you can also turn cookies off within your browser settings.